South River Technologies (SRT) has completed a year of excellent growth in new server software sales, while maintaining over a 90% customer retention rate. We are poised to expand and we are looking for motivated, A+ players who know how to attain even greater retention and increase our new customer acquisition.
SRT, a world leader in the development of secure file transfer and collaboration software has an immediate need for a Sales Manager in our Maryland headquarters. As the leader of our sales team, you will be responsible for sales strategy, management and execution for SRT’s solutions.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with an insatiable desire to learn; a hunter who can grow new business, and a mentor who can help the sales team to be highly successful.
Manage and lead the sales team for all SRT products. All salespeople will directly report to you. You will also be required to develop sales strategies and work with the Marketing team to execute. You must be able to sell our Managed File Transfer solution and assist the sales team in moving prospects forward and closing deals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sales Leadership and Strategy – prospecting strategies, pipeline management and strategies for moving opportunities to close.
- Provide weekly feedback on sales progress and alternative strategies. Engage with marketing and management personnel as appropriate to collaborate and align on plans and priorities.
- Sales Execution – Must be able to SELL; use a consultative and strategic approach to prospect, qualify, pursue, close, address objections and understand and communicate how our solutions solve real business problems
- Executive presentations and relationship building with customers at high levels in the organization.
- Assisting your team with detailed discovery, value proposition definition, executive briefings, and business case development to engage key business and IT sponsors and budget owners.
- Work with alliance and channel partners to drive the business through the indirect channel.
- Develop pipeline within your vertical market or assigned territory
- Enterprise software sales experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing a sales team – maintaining weekly forecasts, hands-on assistance with closing deals, and recruiting new talent to the team; leading as a proactive, influential driver of selling activity
- Proven success selling; hunter
- Leadership skills to influence team members to think and act strategically when qualifying opportunities, developing sales positioning messages
- Belief that “All sales start with a problem,” and commitment to thoroughly understand problems of our prospects
- Strategic thinker with outstanding communication skills; oral and written who can lead a disciplined sales process
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team sales effort
- Significant experience in software sales and professional services environments
- Proven track record as a successful sales executive AND sales manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related field
- Vertical sales experience in financial services or legal markets a plus.