South River Technologies (SRT) has completed a year of excellent growth in new server software sales, while maintaining over a 90% customer retention rate. We are poised to expand and we are looking for motivated, A+ players who know how to attain even greater retention and increase our new customer acquisition.
SRT, a world leader in the development of secure file transfer and collaboration software has an immediate need for a Sales Manager in our Maryland headquarters. As the leader of our sales team, you will be responsible for sales strategy, management and execution for SRT’s solutions.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with an insatiable desire to learn; a hunter who can grow new business, and a mentor who can help the sales team to be highly successful.
Manage and lead the sales team for all SRT products. All salespeople will directly report to you. You will also be required to develop sales strategies and work with the Marketing team to execute. You must be able to sell our Managed File Transfer solution and assist the sales team in moving prospects forward and closing deals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sales Leadership and Strategy – prospecting strategies, pipeline management and strategies for moving opportunities to close.
- Provide weekly feedback on sales progress and alternative strategies. Engage with marketing and management personnel as appropriate to collaborate and align on plans and priorities.
- Sales Execution – Must be able to SELL; use a consultative and strategic approach to prospect, qualify, pursue, close, address objections and understand and communicate how our solutions solve real business problems
- Executive presentations and relationship building with customers at high levels in the organization.
- Assisting your team with detailed discovery, value proposition definition, executive briefings, and business case development to engage key business and IT sponsors and budget owners.
- Work with alliance and channel partners to drive the business through the indirect channel.
- Develop pipeline within your vertical market or assigned territory
- Enterprise software sales experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing a sales team – maintaining weekly forecasts, hands-on assistance with closing deals, and recruiting new talent to the team; leading as a proactive, influential driver of selling activity
- Proven success selling; hunter
- Leadership skills to influence team members to think and act strategically when qualifying opportunities, developing sales positioning messages
- Belief that “All sales start with a problem,” and commitment to thoroughly understand problems of our prospects
- Strategic thinker with outstanding communication skills; oral and written who can lead a disciplined sales process
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team sales effort
- Significant experience in software sales and professional services environments
- Proven track record as a successful sales executive AND sales manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related field
- Vertical sales experience in financial services or legal markets a plus.
Software Engineer – .NET/C#/C++
SRT, a world leader in the development of secure file transfer, sharing, and collaboration software has an immediate need for an experienced Software Engineer in our Maryland headquarters. As a leading member of our server development team, you will have direct input into the direction, design and implementation of SRT server products for 64-bit Windows Server and Azure Cloud platforms. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated team player who wants to work with leading technologies to develop advanced server-based solutions. Think scalable, on-premise, hybrid, and cloud-based “Dropbox for Business” file collaboration, transfer, and sharing solutions on a Windows based platform and that’s the type of technology we build.
We’re looking for dedicated individuals with an insatiable desire to learn and who want to continue to develop the best products on the planet.
Develop new and enhance existing software using the following technologies: Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, .NET, ASPX, JSON, REST, C/C++, MFC, ATL, SQL, and maybe a slice of Java on the side. Our software is targeted to 64-bit Windows Server and Azure platforms. Our software provides services over the Internet so you will also be working extensively with Internet protocols such as WebDAV, HTTP, FTP, SSH’s Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), FTP Over TLS, and cloud providers such as Box, DropBox, Google Drive and others. Encryption technologies such as TLS, SSH, SHA1/2/3, and OpenPGP will also be an integral part of the development process so an understanding of both high-level and low-level security concepts is helpful.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new and enhance existing Windows based software using the aforementioned technologies.
- Research new technologies and recommend implementation to ensure SRT can be first movers in our market. We are trailblazers with wanting to implement new technology.
- Ability to oversee development life cycle of products and product lines
- Ability to orchestrate and manage development resources including other developers, tech writers, contractors, tech support, and QA.
- Assist Technical Support team in diagnosing and resolving bugs and other issues in products.
- Assist in QA of new product releases and bug fixes for products.
- Assist Technical Writers with the development of Help Systems for the products.
- Assist with the documentation of existing product lines and development of design documents for new products.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in OO software development for the Microsoft Windows OS.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of C#/.NET/C++/MFC development.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of standard Internet protocols including TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, WebDAV and SFTP.
- Thorough knowledge of security protocols such as TLS, SSH, and PKI.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap web development platform is helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IIS/ASP.NET installation, administration and development is helpful.
- Knowledge of relational database technologies, concepts and products running on SQL Server.
- Knowledge of network configuration with routers, firewalls, and proxy servers is helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of the entire Software Development Process.
- Knowledge of and experience with full life-cycle software development.
- Ability to communicate and interface with other developers, management, QA and technical support staff.
- Ability to create and document problem solving processes and procedures.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Web Design skills are a huge plus-plus.
SRT offers a rich benefits package and competitive salaries. Benefits include CareFirst Healthcare, Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution, 401K with employer contribution and no vesting period, wellness reimbursement, education reimbursement, 10 paid holidays, 6 paid sick days and 10 paid vacation days. Salary commensurate with experience and skill set. We foster a collaborative, supportive working environment, and equal opportunity.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.