WebDrive for Windows and Mac Support Area
WebDrive Version 2016 Support Options
WebDrive QuickStart Guides
WebDrive for Windows v12 and Mac v4 Support Options
Version 2016 (Release Date- 1/26/2016)
New: Support for box.com service.
New: Support for Amazon cloud service.
New: New SFTP cipher support.
New: Amazon S3 V4 Authentication support.
Build: 4278 – Fix for Amazon V4 authentication on folders with ‘-‘ symbol in the path which resulted in 403 errors.
Build: 4278 – Fix for WebDAV Windows authentication when a 403 error is returned we will now trigger re-authentication.
Build: 4278 – Fix for check for update to launch executable after downloading new version
Build: 4282 – Fix for regcode activation issue saying regcode was expired.
Build: 4282 – Fix for FTP time zone adjust minutes being inverted
Build: 4288 – Fix for WebDAV error when going offline and back online again generating 400 bad request error when using digast authentication.
Build: 4289 – Fix for Amazon cloud showing empty folders after access token expired.
Build: 4289 – Fix for SFTP not connecting to some servers
Build: 4289 – Fix for Saving PDF files in chrome.
Build: 4296 – Fix for incorrect file size reported when a file changes on server but is also cached locally.
Build: 4299 – Fix for CPU spike when failing to connect to a server.
Build: 4299 – Fix for registry import problem when importing very long lines.
Build: 4301 – Fix for files edited while offline files not being uploaded after going back online.
Build: 4310 – Fix for GoogleDrive new site profile setup issue that could result in 403 errors for some google accounts.
Build: 4310 – Added SHA256 code signing to executable files to get rid of IE download warning about corrupt download.
Build: 4310 – Fix for offline possibly not showing files if the directory listing was flushed from cache before going offline.
Build: 4313 – Fix for SHA-3 SFTP handshake issue.
Build: 4314 – 4/13/2016 Fix for SFTP directory listings with many thousands of files not working.
Version 12.2.4203 (Release Date- 7/14/2015)
- Fix: Removed SSL fallback to V3 protocol when a SSL handshake failed.
- Fix: Fixed issue with adobe acrobat reading files.
- Fix: Fixed issue with HTTP cookies on persistent connections being lost, preventing login on some sharepoint servers.
- Fix:Fixed issue with Test Connection while setting up a site profile.
- Fix: OneDrive Business issue where only 200 files were listed in a folder.
- Fix: Fixed screen reader issue on new site wizard protocol dialog where first protocol was not pre-selected.
- Fix: Security vulnerability when entering a very large URL in site manager causing a crash.
- Fix: Fixed site name trailing space issue to not allow users to enter a trailing space.
- Fix: Changed default drive size to 4 TB when server doesn’t support quota query.
- Fix: OneDrive Business and Dropbox issue when files > 2 GB were listed.
- Fix: OneDrive Business new folder issue when failing to create a subfolder when one with the same name existed in root folder.
- Fix: Fixed DAV lock timeout issue where it wasn’t honoring timeout setting from the user interface.
- Fix: Added screen reader option to tray icon menu to enable screen reader more.
- Fix: Added date format option for AS/400 FTP servers that use a different date order.
- Fix: Fixed SFTP block I/O issue when using more than one active connection.
- Fix: Added ability for cache folder length to exceed 260 characters.
- Fix: Fixed onedrive business authentication issue that prevented login
- Fix: Fixed issue with empty drive listings when a previous disconnect failed to complete.
- Fix: Added a check to see if the WebDrive network provider is installed before mapping a drive and displaying an error to reinstall if it isn’t.
- Fix: Fixed issue with deleting files that could lead to the WebDrive service aborting if caching is disabled.
- Fix: Fixed issue with Office and Windows 8 editing files in a read-only directory.
- Fix: Fixed Google Drive and OneDrive authentication issue when access token expired.
Version 12.2 (Release Date- 3/11/2015)
- New: OneDrive Business and OneDrive Consumer connector support.
- New: Added SSL protocol options to enable/disable various encryption methods like TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 SSL V3 etc.
- Fix: import/export site profile issues with sharing profiles between Windows and Mac/Mobile.
- Fix: Fixed issue with directories where a folder with same prefix could get confused with another directory of similar name.
- Fix: Windows 8 folder delete issue.
- Fix: Fixed a rename issue when renaming a file into a subfolder.
- Fix: Fixed an install issue where WebDrive wouldn’t show up in add/remove programs.
Version 12.1 (Release Date- 11/20/2014)
- New: WebDrive for Windows now supports the ability to Export Site profiles for use in WebDrive for Mac, iOS and Droid. It can also import site profiles which were created on those platforms. Now you can create your Site Profile on one system and Sync it across all your devices.
Version 12.01 (Release Date- 10/27/2014)
- Fix: 7/24/2014 – Fix install problem for Windows XP and Windows 2003 server.
- Fix: issue with directory listings some times showing wrong contents
- Fix for terminal server issue with folder redirection where some users will not see proper directory contents
- Fix for disconnect causing high service cpu usage
- Fix for Office automatic DAV lock issue that could result in files not being recognized as already locked by another user
- New: when activating during install it will automatically deactivate your previous license in case of a major version upgrade
Version 12.0 (Release Date- 7/22/2014)
- New: Asynchronous Cache Mode. This feature can greatly improve editing and overall performance of a mapped drive by allowing deletes, renames, and creates to be performed asynchronously. See the help file caching topics for more information on this feature.
- New: Automatic Offline Mode. You can configure WebDrive to automatically switch to Offline mode if the connection to the server is lost. For example if you are on a wireless or WIFI connection and you are out of range WebDrive can switch to offline mode and allow you to keep editing files in the cache. WebDrive will automatically attempt to reconnect to the server in the background and when successful will switch back to Online mode automatically.
- New: Caching performance improvements on sites that have tens of thousands of files.
- New: Amazon S3 ability to check if a file is up to date by using E-tag’s so multi-user cache mode will work for S3 servers.
- New: Prompt for login feature. When enabled will prompt the user to enter credentials before connecting to the server, this is useful for environments where multiple users may be using the same computer and you don’t want to save credentials for security reasons.
- New: Icon overlay shell extension. Previously when disabling the shell icon handler files would display in explorer with red or gray X’s over all file icons. This is now prevented with a custom shell icon handler.
- New: Ability to map drives at login without using persistent network connections. Using persistent network connection restore can be a problem on some systems that operate over a wireless network because the network hasn’t been established yet at login time. Using this new feature the drive won’t be restored until the webdrive.exe application is started.