What is Multi-Cloud Management?
Multi-cloud management may be delivered in the form of a complex and expensive platform that provides dashboards, cost analysis, and usage analytics. This is a solution for large enterprises that have significant cloud spend, are using the cloud for both storage and applications, and want to optimize cost, performance and accessibility. Vendors of these platforms include IBM, Cisco, Fujitsu, and Apache.
A multi-cloud management utility is focused on the management of cloud storage, rather than applications. Such a utility can address the issues of keeping files synced across multiple cloud services, facilitating ad hoc moving of folders amongst cloud services, and simplifying cloud migration – either from an on-premises environment or from another cloud service. This is a solution for SMBs or enterprises for whom multi-cloud adoption is an ongoing process.
Benefits of Multi-Cloud Management Utilities
- You can take advantage of the strengths of each service, particularly relative to departmental requirements or geographic location.
- Your information can be backed up in case a primary cloud service has an outage.
- All of your cloud files are easily accessible through a single unified interface.
- You can easily sync files between cloud services, so that departments on disparate services can have access to the same files.
- You can sync files between buckets or sites in the same cloud service.
- You can simplify movement of folders between cloud services, or between buckets or sites in the same cloud service.
Multi-cloud management tasks like syncing and migration can be effectively managed from WebDrive. This video walks you through the WebDrive utility’s interface and cloud management capabilities.