WebDrive Can Do That!?
WebDrive is an extremely versatile SFTP Client. Many applications can be enhanced with virtual drive, and WebDrive is no exception. Here are a couple of examples of the unique things that WebDrive can do:
- Connect to SFTP in the cloud or on-prem. Assign unique drive letters to each of your connections.
- Scan remote systems. Symantec recommends WebDrive as a way for their Data Loss Prevention software (DLP) to scan remote systems. A secure connection is required to monitor and protect secure information, so WebDrive’s SFTP capability is crucial.
- Access your NAS from anywhere. WebDrive gives you remote access to shared files on your NAS, allowing you to access your NAS as though it were a local device.
- Compare local and remote file systems. WebDrive works well with Scooter Software’s BeyondCompare file comparison tool. It allows users to compare and transfer changed files on their PC with files on FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers in a completely transparent and secure way.
- Backup and synchronize your files. You can back up the files on your PC to any remote server that WebDrive is connected to. Using a drive letter, WebDrive enables you to link to the contents of an FTP server. You can also sync data between computers and share files. SugarSync Manager and AllSync Backup Software, among others, work well with WebDrive.
- Preconfigure settings and distribute to your users. Customize WebDrive SFTP Client before you deploy the software, and then push the settings out to all your users with no need to configure each PC.
- Map your online storage accounts as a network drive. Mapping your online storage accounts as a network drive allows you to open, edit, and save files directly on your encrypted storage space. Swissdisk, Seapine Software’s Surround CM product, Barracuda Drive, and OpenKM all work fluently with WebDrive.
Connect to your corporate SFTP Server
The apps mentioned above, and many more, can be enhanced by the addition of a SFTP client like this.